The Arnold Clark Group is looking to recruit a Dev Ops Engineer Administrator to join their ICT Department, based initially at Allison St then Kilbirnie St in Glasgow Southside.
This is an infrastructure role based on the Operations side of DevOps. The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate a comprehensive working knowledge of Linux systems and services administration as well as web operations with security, stability and high availability at its core.
On the ops team you will work closely with teams of developers in an Agile environment and be expected to fulfil any number of technical service requests. There will be plenty of opportunity to apply and grow your skills in an open and relaxed environment.
Although strong traditional Operations skills are important, they will not be enough. The right candidate must show a desire to promote DevOps culture and tooling, have an open and communicative demeanour to help further contribute to the future direction of the infrastructure and the company.
- RHEL/CentOS administration
- Monitoring and Alerting concepts
- Web and App server admin on Nginx, Unicorn, Apache, Tomcat
- Ruby application architecture with Rails
- CI/CD application deployment
- Scripting and API concepts in Bash, Ruby, Python etc
- Database concepts RDBMS and NoSQL
- Load Balancing and proxy concepts
- Networking and DNS troubleshooting
- Disaster Recovery infrastructure failover and testing scenarios
- Modern Infrastructural concepts and distributed systems
Docker, Microservices, Mesos, Kubernetes, Swarm, Consul
- Automation tools such as Ansible, Capistrano, GoCD, Jenkins, ServerSpec
- Cloud Provider concepts principally aws
- Version control systems
you will also need to help provide out of hours support on a rota basis and should have 3 years plus within a similar role.
The successful candidate will benefit from life assurance and private healthcare, making our package one of the best in the industry.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.