We’re looking for a data solution architect to join our talented digital team.
You’ll be working collaboratively within our data team, with data engineers, software engineers and product managers to help redefine the shape of our data platform.
As such, you’ll have previous experience as a data solution architect, or significant experience as a data engineer looking for a new challenge.
You’ll have experience designing, planning and making decisions on which tools, patterns and processes are required to meet business needs. You’ll have proven experience in the design and orchestration of data pipelines, measuring data quality, attributing meta-data, and ensuring data governance. You’ll have expert SQL, data wrangling, and data modelling skills, but perhaps those aren’t your day job anymore. Experience with streaming data would be a bonus.
You’ll also advocate for a modern DataOps mindset, gaining value from data in a managed and automated manner.
You’ll be working with data from multiple sources as we move towards modern PaaS offerings, therefore experience with Data Lake and Data Lake House approaches is desirable, as is experience with Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse / Data Warehouse or similar tooling.
We’re looking for candidates who are enthusiastic about technology, able to adapt and keep pace with a changing landscape over any single solution or framework. Keen on the role but don’t think Azure Synapse is the way, come talk to us and convince us differently.
You will receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including
- a blended approach to home and office working. Prefer to work mostly from home? That’s fine. Prefer to work mostly in the office? That’s also fine.
- access to an annual conference and training budget
- access to our health and wellbeing hub, including free online fitness classes with our dedicated health and wellbeing partner
- private healthcare and group life assurance
- 30 days holiday which increases the longer you’re with us up to 40 days
- generous staff retail discounts and offers
What’s the Interview process?
Part 1: CV review and initial informal 30-minute video call.
Part 2: Successful candidates will be invited to attend a 90-minute video call for a more focussed technical conversation and exercise. We’ll send you an outline of the exercise beforehand, but no upfront prep is required.