We’re recruiting at our vibrant Hillington Head Office for a Data Scientist.
Full time, 37.5 hours per week, with Flexitime.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing Data Science team. You’ll discover the hidden insights in vast amounts of data, helping us to make smarter decisions and design best-in-class data products to keep us at the cutting edge of the industry.
Your primary focus will be on applying data mining techniques, statistical analysis and building high quality prediction systems that integrate with our products. You’ll work closely with our existing data, business analysis and development teams, and be comfortable with all stages of the data science project life cycle, from understanding business requirements to deploying solutions.
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand business problems and areas for improvement.
- Performing exploratory analysis on large, complex datasets.
- Extending our data with third-party sources of information.
- Processing, cleansing and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Selecting features, building and optimising models using machine learning techniques.
- Communicating insights and model results back to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Performing ad-hoc analysis when required.
- Keeping up to date with technical and industry developments.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Excellent data visualisation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong Python development skills.
- Excellent knowledge of common data science tools e.g. Jupyter, Pandas, NumPy, Scikit, Learn, Matplotlib, Seaborn, etc.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Demonstrable quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Experience of deploying machine learning models to production.
- Excellent understanding of supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques.
In return for your experience, you’ll enjoy an amazing working environment, including subsidised food and a free shuttle bus service, as well as access to a training and conference fund. We offer one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including free private healthcare and generous employee discounts.
Employment with the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks