We’re looking for data engineers to join our talented digital team.
You’ll be working collaboratively within our data team, with data engineers, software engineers and product managers to help redefine the shape of our data platform.
As such, you’ll have previous experience in a data engineering role. You’ll have expert SQL knowledge, well versed in data wrangling, and working with data at scale. You’ll have experience with data pipelines, ingesting from multiple sources, validating, modelling and storing data. You’ll also have an appreciation of a modern DataOps mindset, version controlled and automated deployments.
You’ll be working with data from multiple sources as we move towards modern PaaS offerings, therefore experience with Data Lake and Data Lake House approaches is desirable, as is experience with Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse / Data Warehouse or similar tooling.
You’ll have experience of batch processing and an appreciation of data streaming. You’ll also have an understanding of security, performance and the importance of data governance.
We’re looking for candidates who are enthusiastic about technology, able to adapt quickly to help us solve interesting problems, above any single framework or approach.
You will receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including
- a blended approach to home and office working. Prefer to work mostly from home? That’s fine. Prefer to work mostly in the office? That’s also fine.
- access to an annual conference and training budget
- access to our health and wellbeing hub, including free online fitness classes with our dedicated health and wellbeing partner
- private healthcare and group life assurance
- 30 days holiday which increases the longer you’re with us up to 40 days
- generous staff retail discounts and offers
What’s the Interview process?
Part 1: CV review and initial informal 30-minute video call.
Part 2: Successful candidates will be invited to attend a 90-minute video call focussed on a technical exercise. We’ll send you an outline of the exercise beforehand, but no upfront prep is required.