We are recruiting for a Data Centre Systems Team Lead to join our award-winning Digital department at Arnold Clark Kilbirnie Street, Glasgow.
This position will be based fully on-site at Kilbirnie Street.
- 33 days’ annual leave
- Training and conference funds to keep your skills current
- Generous discounts on vehicle purchases, services, parts, rentals, insurance and more
- Private healthcare
- Workplace pension
- Simplyhealth – all employees have access to a GP 24/7 and can claim money back on medical and dental treatments
- …and much more
Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5pm. Rota-based out-of-hours and weekend cover (with additional pay) will be required. .
This role is primarily based at our Kilbirnie Street office in Glasgow. However, you will also be required to attend some of our other Glasgow premises. This position will be based on-site.
About the role
As Data Centre Systems Team Lead, you will be responsible for the secure 24/7 operation of our data centres to ensure the smooth running of the business.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical experience in maintaining data centres, implementing new systems, and replacing older systems that require decommissioning. In addition, broader experience in setting standards, continual improvement, and automation would be ideal.
- Take a hands-on role and be seen as the technical point of escalation within the team.
- Review and create designs to fit infrastructure requirements with a Lean and DevOps mindset.
- Work with data centre operations, covering areas such as power resilience, Vesda and environmental monitoring, DR, vulnerability management, service design to secure and operational standards, ITIL driven processes, cesses, service transition led onboarding, privileged access management, change control and service monitoring.
- React to business-led initiatives on challenging timescales with an Agile capability.
- Work with the Head of Data Centre Operations to define and execute a multi-year data centre strategy.
- Be fluent in developing a security culture across diverse teams.
- Extensive experience in managing data centres, including hardware configuration and installation.
- Strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience with:
- Hardware management
- Virtualization technologies (e.g., vSphere)
- Hyper-converged infrastructure (Cisco HyperFlex)
- Active directory management
- Configuration management (e.g. SCCM).
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to quickly resolve issues and ensure minimal downtime.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience operating within an ITIL framework with a drive for continual improvement within the IT function.
Although a good background on our core technologies is required, we can offer training on any specific area required.
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.