We’re looking for an experienced Data Architect to work at our Glasgow premises.
Full time, Monday – Friday Flexible working is available with this role.
As the largest independently owned car retailer in Europe with over 11,500 UK employees, Arnold Clark deals with large amounts of data on a daily basis.
We’re looking for a hands-on and delivery-focused Data Architect to design strategies for our data management and information architecture.
The successful candidate and will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a range of employee benefits, from funded training to private healthcare.
- Leading the strategy and design for integration and information flow between systems.
- Contributing to overall information architecture and helping shape our data roadmap.
- Developing standards, guidelines and strategies for data use and management, incorporating legislative, security and compliance requirements.
- Working with a team to create a scalable architecture for data storage, processing and analytics solutions.
- Providing technical feasibility and proof of concept exercises for data-related initiatives, tooling and workable methodologies.
- Coordinating with stakeholders across the business to ensure that the collection and usage of data is accurate, compliant and a cohesive part of the overall vision.
- Acting in a QA role to make sure all projects adhere to the information architecture.
- Extensive experience in the design, development and administration of systems for data storage, processing and consumption in a variety of data paradigms (relational, NoSQL).
- Experience of data architecture techniques in a distributed systems model, such as SOA and microservices.
- Expert knowledge of the Microsoft data stack, both in Cloud and on premise.
- Experience with event sourced systems.
- Knowledge of data security and governance.
- Ability to work with and run agile-based projects.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain complex technical issues in a way others will understand.
In return for your technical expertise, you will receive a highly competitive salary, and you will benefit from a training and conference fund to enhance your skills. You’ll also receive some of the best employee benefits in the automotive industry, including life assurance, private healthcare and generous employee discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to a satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.