We are looking for someone enthusiastic and experienced to join our Customer Service Rep Finance team at our head office in Hillington, Glasgow.
What we can offer:
- A competitive salary
- 33 days’ annual leave
- Flexible leave
- Generous employee discounts
- Private healthcare
- Workplace pension
- …and much more
This is a full-time position: Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm, with one late shift per week at 11.30am – 8.00pm and one Saturday shift every four weeks at 9.00am – 2.00pm.
A one-hour lunch and two 15-minute breaks are included during the day (37.5 hours per week total).
This is considered a hybrid position, with three days working at the office and two working remotely at home.
About the role
This role is responsible for dealing with finance complaints, and will require the liaising with branches, finance companies and other third parties. The ideal candidate will need to be able to review all necessary documentation to ensure an appropriate decision and response is communicated. In addition, they will need to consider all relevant consumer rights and laws
We are looking for someone who cares about customer service, has previous experience in dealing with finance complaints and can work as part of a team or on their own.
- Handle all aspects of consumer credit complaints (Finance & Insurance), including thorough investigation and fact finding.
- Liaise with complainants, third parties and internal sources on the telephone, electronically and in writing.
- Produce detailed complaint reports including recommendations.
- Formally communicate complaint decisions to complainants and third parties in a clear and concise manner.
- Manage workload and ensure complaints are finalised within the timescales set by regulatory bodies.
- Liaise with the Financial Ombudsman Service where applicable.
- Maintain detailed complaint records.
- Previous experience in a complaint handling role within financial services
- Previous experience in dealing with Claims Management Companies/lawyers complaints
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory requirements including Section 75 complaints
- Sound understanding of the Financial Services sales and advisory processes
- Ability to write clearly and effectively
- Excellent telephone communication skills and great attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, manage own workloads and meet deadlines/targets.
- PC literate – including Excel, Word, Outlook
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.