We’re recruiting for an organised, meticulous Credit Control Administrator to work in our Glasgow-based head office.
Full time, Monday - Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm.
Flexible working is available with this role
About the role
As our new Credit Control Administrator, you’ll be responsible for keeping meticulous records and a watchful eye on customer accounts. Among your duties will be the allocation of cash, reconciliation of customer accounts and handling queries in a professional manner. You’ll also have to ensure customer accounts are up to date, and track overdue accounts.
You’ll need a high degree of accuracy with figures, and superb attention to detail. As the role also necessitates speaking directly with customers on the phone, you’ll need to handle potentially difficult situations in a sensitive and professional manner.
- Logging bank payments from customers on our systems.
- Allocating customer payments with a high level of accuracy.
- Dealing with customer queries.
- Taking card payments on the telephone.
- Reconciling accounts.
- Chasing overdue payments by letter and telephone.
- An excellent telephone manner.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Office.
- Great multi-tasking abilities.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Previous experience working with members of the public.
In return for your experience, you’ll enjoy one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.