We’re recruiting for a creative, organised Copywriter to join Scotland’s largest in-house Marketing department at our Head Office, Hillington.
Full time, Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm
Flexible working is available with this role.
About the role
You’ll liaise closely between the communications department, design team and marketing executives to produce copy for a wide variety of media. When you’re not poring over your thesaurus to turn out the perfect phrase, you’ll be scrutinising longer-form text to ensure absolute grammatical accuracy and clarity.
You’ll have at least two years’ experience of writing copy for a variety of media, including digital, print materials and POS.
- Liaising with a variety of other creative executives and stakeholders to deliver effective solutions to every brief.
- Writing for a vast range of internal and external audiences, across a broad mix of media.
- Proofreading, from the tiniest tweets to titanic technical manuals.
- Listening to requirements and interpreting briefs to tight timescales.
- Writing online copy for social media, blogs, webpages and Google Adwords.
- Developing our brand tone of voice and style guidelines.
- Ensuring internal copy processes are followed to a tee.
- Creative concept development across national, multi-channel campaigns.
- Writing award winning entries for the Group.
- Additional duties as required.
- A sincere passion for the written word.
- The ability to write excellent copy to brief and adapt your turn of phrase to suit the task at hand.
- An excellent grasp of grammar and a natural aversion to cliché.
- The organisational skills to balance tight deadlines and large volumes of copy.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, but with the flexibility to understand that rules are never absolute.
- Superb problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with using CMS platforms and social media for content creation.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Knowledge of SEO including keyword research and online copywriting.
- Killer punning, rhyming and alliterative skills.
In return for your considerable talents, expect loads of rewarding perks and a great work environment, including lunch subsidy and Flexitime.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.