We’re looking for a creative, organised Copywriter to join Scotland’s largest in-house Marketing department at our Head Office in Hillington, Glasgow.
At Arnold Clark, we speak to our customers across many different channels. You’ll play a key role in developing our tone of voice, telling the Arnold Clark story and crafting high quality copy that proudly represents our brand. If you have a sincere passion for the written word, and the ability to turn everyday topics into captivating copy, this is the role for you.
Using your creative mind and incredible attention to detail, you’ll make sure copy is always accurate, crystal clear, easy to read and fits our tone of voice. And as well as being able to think of the ideal idiom and spot a typo in the blink of an eye, you’ll also be adaptable and happy to liaise with multiple stakeholders.
When you’ll work
It’s a full-time position; Monday – Friday, 9am – 5.30pm.
Where you’ll work
This role is based at our bustling, vibrant head office in Hillington, Glasgow – when circumstances allow.
What you can expect...
The unexpected! The truth is, there’s no ‘average day’ in the Copy team. So if you crave variety, you’ve come to the right place. Here are just a few things you’ll be doing:
- Liaising with a variety of other creatives, executives and stakeholders to deliver effective solutions to every brief.
- Writing for a vast range of internal and external audiences, across a broad mix of media.
- Proofreading everything from the tiniest tweets to titanic technical manuals.
- Working with the Marketing department in cross-functional teams to write copy for huge campaigns.
- Developing creative concepts for national, multi-channel campaigns.
- Coming up with persuasive and purposeful ad copy and straplines.
- Conceptualising and writing video content, animations, articles and radio scripts.
- Listening to requirements and interpreting challenging briefs to tight timescales.
- Upholding our brand tone of voice and style guidelines.
You’ll fit right in and thrive in this role if you have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a creative copywriter under your belt.
- Produced work that required a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A desire to improve on every copy job, no matter how big or small.
- The skills to write excellent copy to brief and adapt to various tones of voice.
- An excellent grasp of grammar with an aversion to clunky phrases and clichés.
- The organisational skills to balance tight deadlines and large volumes of copy.
- Superb problem-solving skills and original ideas.
- Content writing experience.
- A good knowledge of the latest developments in marketing.
It would be great if you also had:
- Knowledge of SEO including keyword research.
- Digital/UX copywriting knowledge.
- Punning, rhyming and alliterative skills.
- Familiarity with using Content Management Systems and social media.
If not, no biggie! This is the perfect role to unlock those extra skills and add them to your copywriting toolkit.
What we’re about
If you are successful in joining our friendly and talented team, you can look forward to working in a fun, fast-paced environment where you can really make an impact. We’re big on training and development so you’ll have the opportunity to sign up for courses that matter to you and get access to tools and resources that will help you excel in your role. What’s more, you’ll do it all while working on a state-of-the-art Apple computer.
As a Group, we offer a great benefits package, including free private healthcare, an employee loan and access to hundreds of retail discounts.
We’re also committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees can flourish. That’s why we are proud to be Stonewall Diversity Champions, a Disability Confident employer and Working Families award winners.
We want everyone who works here to feel supported so we have our own health and wellbeing platform, Space. And we also work closely with automotive charity Ben to help look after our employees’ mental, physical and financial health.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to a satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Closing Date: 09 March 2021