What we offer:
- Remote: Admin day carried out at nearest AC branch to your home
- 33 days’ annual leave
- Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Bonuses two times per year
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Generous retail discounts
- Maternity and paternity packages
We’re looking for an experienced Contractor Safety Support Advisor to work across our sites in England.
As a Contractor Safety Support Advisor, you’ll be responsible for overseeing health and safety standards within construction projects in England. It’s your role to make sure that any construction activities – such as new builds, refurbishment and maintenance and other small works projects – are fully compliant with industry health and safety best practice. Extensive travel is required, as is previous experience relevant to the role.
- NEBOSH in Construction Health and Safety or extensive experience in a similar field
- A strong understanding of CDM2015
- Good attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Knowledge of current health and safety legislation and best practice
- Willingness to travel to various branches in England and Scotland
- A full UK driving licence
- Attending pre-start and safety meetings.
- Reviewing risk assessments, SSOW, policies and construction phase plans and procedures.
- Carrying out data analysis.
- Liaising with enforcing authorities, as well as the Estates department and branches.
- Report writing.
- Carrying out site inspections.
- Pre-qualification vetting.
- This role may also include: accident and near miss investigations; inspection visits to branches; and offering support and guidance on health and safety matters.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- If you are a SMSTS, CSCS card holder, that would be an advantage.
- Competence in providing management with accurate safety guidance.
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.