We’re recruiting for a highly skilled Content Executive to work at our head office in Hillington, Glasgow.
Full-time, Monday to Friday, 9am – 5.30pm.
Flexible working is available with this role.
About the role
As a Content Executive for Arnold Clark, you’ll play a key role in the busy Communications department.
The right candidate will be an amazing writer with the ability to deliver compelling content to tight deadlines. Creative and analytical in equal measure, you’ll be full of ideas with a keen eye for results and understand how to drive engagement through content.
As well as researching, writing and producing sparkling content for internal and external channels in line with our brand guidelines, you’ll work closely with the social media team to develop our channels, help to create our content strategy and be instrumental in developing our employee engagement initiative.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who’s passionate about content creation to join a fun and fast-paced team within an extremely successful organisation.
- Creating a wide range of content for our newsroom, staff intranet and social media platforms – from video content and social media to press releases and insightful editorial articles.
- Developing a strong and relevant content calendar to plan and deliver content that will achieve the greatest engagement and impact, both internally and externally.
- Using analytics to build on successes and learnings.
- Collaborating with colleagues to generate content opportunities for both social media and employee engagement.
- Supporting Paid Social colleagues with copy for social marketing activity.
- Creating and reporting on content plans, setting KPIs and delivering successful outcomes.
- Working closely with the social media team to define, manage and implement content across all platforms and using data to create original results.
- Taking the initiative to collect meaningful content across the business, such as on media shoots and at events.
- Carrying out proofreading checks as requested by the Copy team.
- Previous experience in directly overseeing content and publishing plans on key social and emerging media platforms.
- You’ll be up to date with the latest content marketing trends and have plenty of fresh insight and inspiration to share.
- An eye for exceptional content that’s aligned with Arnold Clark’s tone of voice, brand message and SEO requirements.
- High levels of organisation and attention to detail.
- The ability to meet deadlines and work well as a team.
- Good understanding of what performs best on social media (images, head titles etc.) Knowledge of Google keywords and Google analytics
- Previous experience on social listening tools.
- An understanding of SEO and how it influences user behaviour.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Previous experience with employee engagement or internal communications.
- Video creation/editing knowledge.
- Knowledge of photo editing software (e.g. Photoshop)
In return for your skills, you will work in an exciting environment with a friendly and talented team and enjoy flexible hours, lunch subsidy and a great benefits package, including free private healthcare and training courses.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.