Arnold Clark is looking for an enthusiastic new Communications Assistant to join our Communications and Events team. The role is based in our vibrant Head Office in Hillington, Glasgow.
Full time: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5.30pm
About the role
As our new Communications Assistant, you’ll work predominately on events, community and PR for the Arnold Clark Group.
You will play a vital role in making sure company events are organised to the highest standard and that we maintain our fantastic reputation with charities and external stakeholders.
You’ll need to multi-task and work on many projects at once, keep to tight deadlines and manage expectations.
This is a permanent position with a flexible work arrangement (three days at the office, two working from home).
- Managing and organising your own portfolio of internal and external events.
- Assisting with events and seeing them through the full event management cycle – from initial request to on-the-day event support.
- Creating and maintaining budgets and timelines for events that you work on.
- Co-ordinating Arnold Clark’s sponsorship activity in relation to external events and community initiatives.
- Working with other teams and departments in the business to fulfil common objectives and deliver projects.
- Supporting and assisting other members of your team as and when required.
- Meeting with and regularly updating internal and external stakeholders.
- Representing Arnold Clark at events, external visits and vehicle handovers.
- Building relationships with charity partners.
- Assisting with post-campaign and event reports that will help with future decision-making.
- Briefing in and working with web and graphic designers to ensure consistency throughout projects and events.
- Identifying and working with suppliers to negotiate services and ensure smooth delivery.
- Taking responsibility for community requests and making sure they’re completed to timescales with maximum PR benefits.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage a busy and challenging workload.
- Being commercially aware and adjusting workload to suit business requirements.
- Attention to detail to ensure high standards are met at all times.
- Confidence working with and meeting new people.
- Team player that’s happy to support colleagues throughout the business.
- Creative and happy to present ideas.
- Ability to adapt and handle changes during any stage of a project.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry including private healthcare, generous staff retail discounts, access to our health and wellbeing hub Space and more.
Employment with the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory references and disclosure checks.