As a Software Engineer at Arnold Clark, you will be key to achieving our vision of creating market-leading digital products that will put us at the forefront of retail. Placing our customers at the heart of everything we do, you will transform their experience and drive our business forward.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in some exciting and high-profile projects, while working alongside a team of genuinely talented and passionate people who are focused on doing things ‘the right way’.
We're looking for someone who is excited by the prospect of working every day on challenging problems, while collaborating and exchanging knowledge with other members of the team.
Monday – Friday: 9am - 5:30pm (flexible working hours). Working from home and office flexibility.
- Work as an experienced member of a Product team to design, develop and deliver our industry-leading systems.
- Actively contribute to all squad discussions and decisions.
- Be fully engaged in production system availability, security and performance.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrable commercial experience of C# and .NET framework.
- Strong understanding of both contemporary and classic web architectures, such as micro-services and N-Tier.
- Strong database experience with a clear understanding of performance and security.
- Experience and understanding of Agile methodologies and practices.
- Experience and understanding of DevOps practices, such as continuous integration, automation and collective code ownership.
Don't be fooled by the fact we sell cars. Our business is changing to meet the needs of today's development community, and, as a result, you can expect the following benefits and perks when you work for us:
- Remote working
- Training and conference funds
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discount on vehicle purchase, servicing, parts and rental
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals. To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark , visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks