We are looking for a temporary catering assistant to provide high-quality catering at our staff restaurants in both Kilbirnie Street and Hillington, Glasgow.
This role is on a temporary basis for 6 months.
Full time: Monday to Friday, 7.00am – 3pm with 30 minutes for lunch
About the role
As a Temporary Catering Assistant, you will be required to undertake basic preparation of food and beverages, as well as simple cooking, and general kitchen and restaurant duties. This will include serving customers, cash handling, washing up, the setting up and cleaning of the kitchen, its surroundings and equipment.
We’re looking for people who have the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. We’re also looking for good levels of numeracy, as this will be required for money handling.
- Setting up the food service with basic preparation of food and beverages
- Safely using cleaning equipment and supplies
- General cooking, kitchen and restaurant duties
- Ensuring the kitchen is maintained and in keeping with health and safety regulations
- Ensuring allergen awareness and informing customers
- Cash handling
- Managing stock and advising the Catering Manager of replenishment requirements
Essential skills and experience
- Effective communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations
- Highly skilled in cooking and the preparation of a variety of foods
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or ordering and inventory control
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures
- Organise and prepare for the next day
- Punctual, strong time management and organisation skills
Previous experience in a kitchen environment is desirable but not essential.
What we can offer you
- 33 days’ annual leave
- Private healthcare
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Generous discounts on vehicle purchases, services, parts, rentals, insurance and more
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment with the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory references and disclosure checks.