Since its launch in 1954, Arnold Clark Automobiles has grown to become Europe’s largest privately owned car retailer, selling in excess of 250,000 vehicles per year and generating an annual turnover in excess of £3 billion.
We are now seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and ambitious IT Category Buyer to work within our Procurement department. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for negotiating spend with both established and new suppliers, developing service level agreements and managing supplier performance.
• engage with internal customers across the business, understand and support their requirements
• develop and implement Group IT category strategies
• prepare tender documents – receive, evaluate and make award recommendation
• strengthen relationships with and performance of key suppliers
• proactively manage supplier relationships to identify savings/business improvement opportunities
• monitor and investigate new products and sources of supply
• ensure awareness of market conditions
The successful candidate should have:
• experience of working within a similar category buyer role, 2+ years of which should be IT procurement
• the ability to deliver multiple IT sourcing strategies
• customer focus
• excellent negotiating and influencing skills, with the ability to adapt a variety of styles
• a track record of delivering bottom line benefits
• the ability to drive an agenda, coupled with sound project management skills
• a high degree of IT literacy
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a successful organisation who “offer genuine value for money and provide customer service of the highest level”.
EMPLOYMENT WITHIN THE ARNOLD CLARK GROUP IS OFFERED SUBJECT TO SATISFACTORY REFERENCE AND DISCLOSURE CHECK.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.