We’re currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and ambitious Category Buyer to work at our Procurement department in Glasgow.
Full time, Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm
About the role
As a Buyer for Arnold Clark, Europe’s largest independently owned car retailer, you’ll be passionate about your career and keen to take it to the next level. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you’ll be responsible for negotiating with a diverse range of national and international suppliers, developing service level agreements and managing supplier performance.
This is a exceptional opportunity to develop and progress within a department during a period of growth. You’ll have the autonomy and scope to develop new ideas, projects, processes and sourcing opportunities. This role would suit somebody with previous buying experience who is highly organised, with fantastic negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to manage relationships and deliver tangible benefits.
- Developing and implementing category strategies.
- Preparing negotiation strategy to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Effectively managing, negotiating and controlling spend categories.
- Preparing tender documents – and receiving, evaluating and making award recommendations.
- Proactively managing supplier relationships to continually identify savings and business improvement opportunities.
- Monitoring and investigating new products and sources of supply.
- Staying up to date with market conditions.
- Extensive negotiating experience.
- Excellent influencing skills, with the ability to adapt to a variety of styles.
- Proven track record of delivering results.
- The ability to drive an agenda along with sound project management skills.
- High levels of organisation and attention to detail.
- A proactive, customer-focused approach.
- Excellent computer literacy and the ability to write persuasive tender documents.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive excellent working conditions at our Kilbirnie Street head office in Glasgow. You’ll also receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous employee retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Closing Date: 20 May 2021