We’re recruiting for an organised, effective Category Buyer to work at our Kilbirnie Street head office in Glasgow.
Full time, Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5pm.
Flexible working is available with this role.
About the role
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you’ll be responsible for negotiating with a diverse range of national and international suppliers, developing service level agreements and managing supplier performance.
This role would suit somebody with at least one year’s buying experience, who is highly organised, with fantastic negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to manage relationships and deliver tangible benefits.
Day to day duties
- Developing and implementing sourcing strategies for different areas of responsibility.
- Preparing tender documentation; receiving, evaluating, and preparing reports to support recommendations.
- Preparing negotiation strategies to effectively manage and control expenditure, while mitigating risk in the supply chain.
- Facilitating professional relationships with a range of diverse suppliers to make sure objectives are achieved.
- Regular communication with stakeholders, reporting progress and ensuring seamless contract mobilisations.
- Continually reviewing the supply chain and markets for strategic procurement initiatives.
- Extensive negotiating experience - one year experience minimum required
- Excellent influencing skills, with the ability to adapt to a variety of styles.
- Proven track record of delivering results.
- The ability to drive an agenda along with sound project management skills.
- High levels of organisation and attention to detail.
- A proactive, customer-focused approach.
- Excellent computer literacy and the ability to write persuasive tender documents.
In return for your skills and expertise, you’ll enjoy Flexitime and a lunch subsidy, as well as access to one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous discounts on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.