We’re recruiting for a Car & Van Rental Trainer based at our head office in Hillington, Glasgow, but with frequent travel to our Scottish and English branches.
Full time, Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm. Travel to locations on Sundays will be required.
Flexible working is available with this role.
About the role
As a Trainer for Arnold Clark’s Car & Van Rental division, you’ll be responsible for delivering high quality training courses focused on every aspect of the car rental process, helping staff to deliver a seamless rental experience for our customers.
You should have an in-depth knowledge of car rental, including the TowQuest system, rental products and procedures. You must also demonstrate fantastic communication and training skills, the flexibility to travel, and the ability to manage your own workload independently.
- Providing the knowledge our rental staff need to deliver the highest levels of customer service.
- Training staff on computer systems, processes and practices.
- Carrying out effective training sessions based upon predefined learning outcomes, in either a classroom or branch environment.
- Recording information from training sessions and implementing action plans.
- Working to improve the performance of individuals to increase productivity and profitability.
- Travelling to various locations in a timely manner.
- Implementing any departmental changes when required.
- Keeping paperwork and training records up to date.
- A full, clean driving licence held for a minimum of one year.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills on the phone, via email and face-to-face.
- Thorough knowledge of the Towquest Pro-Lease system.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to be patient and willing to adapt to different learning styles.
- The ability to deliver training to the highest standards, with outstanding customer service at the heart of your teaching.
- Honesty, trustworthiness and punctuality.
- Strong timekeeping and time management skills.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, although training will be given to the right candidate.
In return for your skills, you will be offered additional training sessions in the event of departmental changes or new materials. You’ll also enjoy a fantastic employee benefits package that includes flexible hours, a lunch subsidy, access to a company car scheme, a laptop and company mobile plus private healthcare and life assurance.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.