We’re recruiting for a Buying Assistant to work in our Kilbirnie Street Procurement department.
Full-time, Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm.
Flexitime is available with this role.
About the role
As a Buying Assistant, you’ll work in our busy Procurement department, providing administrative support to the other buyers and processing requests from across the Arnold Clark Group.
The right person for the role will be enthusiastic and ambitious, and genuinely interested in developing further in their career.
- Handling enquiries from various departments and our branch network, making sure they’re completed quickly and accurately.
- Processing orders.
- Contacting suppliers for product availability and lead times.
- Negotiating with suppliers and building strong relationships.
- Producing reports.
- Assisting buyers in tender processes, as required.
- Identifying savings and business improvement opportunities.
- Assisting with the accuracy of stock levels.
- Ambition, resilience and a strong drive to achieve.
- The ability to work on your own initiative within agreed timescales.
- Customer focus, and a confident manner, with the ability to negotiate.
- IT literacy, ideally with some proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Fantastic organisational skills.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Though an understanding of Microsoft Excel is required for the role, training may be available for the right candidate.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including a monthly lunch subsidy, private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.