We’re recruiting for a Buyer to work in our Kilbirnie Street Procurement department.
Full time, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm. Flexible working is available in this role.
About the role
As a Buyer, you’ll work in our busy Procurement department. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for negotiating with a diverse range of suppliers, developing service level agreements and processing requests from across the Arnold Clark Group.
The right person for the role will be enthusiastic, ambitious, and keen to progress their career in this role.
- Handling enquiries from various departments and our branch network, making sure they are completed quickly and accurately.
- Contacting suppliers for product availability and lead times.
- Negotiating with suppliers and building strong relationships with them.
- Producing reports.
- Tendering appointed categories and making award recommendation.
- Identifying savings and business improvement opportunities.
- Monitor and investigate new products and sources of supply.
- Ensure awareness of market conditions.
- Assisting with the accuracy of stock levels.
- A resilient attitude in your role, and a strong drive to achieve.
- The ability to work on your own initiative within agreed timescales.
- Customer focus, and a confident manner.
- Previous negotiating experience.
- The ability to take ownership of projects.
- IT literacy.
- Excellent communication skills, and a positive attitude.
- Fantastic organisational skills.
- A minimum of 12 months’ experience in a similar role.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including a monthly lunch subsidy, private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff retail discounts.