We’re recruiting for a motivated and proactive Business Consultant to be based at our Glasgow Van Store.
Full time, Monday – Thursday 9am-5.30pm, Friday 8.30am-5.30pm and 1 in 3 Saturdays 9am - 12pm.
About the role
As a Business Consultant for Arnold Clark, you’ll use your excellent interpersonal skills to get our customers enthused about our industry-leading commercial fleet offering.
Whether you’re producing personalised videos showing the features and benefits of vehicles, or building great relationships with new and existing customers, you’ll deliver outstanding customer service every time. As fleet is a dynamic and constantly changing market, you should also be able to work at a fast pace.
- Creating friendly, clear and thorough vehicle walkaround videos for the customer.
- Learning about the features and benefits of our products and striving to become a product expert.
- Keeping up to date with fleet industry news and best practice.
- Familiarising yourself with the franchise product range.
- Handling incoming sales calls politely and efficiently.
- Maintaining your display and make sure that all vehicles are looking their best.
- Dealing with internet leads quickly and professionally.
- Building strong and lasting relationships with customers by delivering excellent customer service.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- High standards of computer literacy and the ability to switch between internal computer systems.
- Fantastic time management skills.
- Ability to work on your own initiative to maximise sales opportunities, while also being a great team player.
- A full UK driving licence.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Knowledge of the local area would be an advantage.
- Previous van or commercial vehicle sales experience.
In return for your sales skills, you’ll be given full training in our internal computer systems and our sales processes, with weekly one-to-one coaching covering all aspects of the business. You’ll also receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.