We’re currently recruiting for a highly skilled Technical Trainer (Bus and Coach) based at our GTG Training facility in Wolverhampton.
Full time, Monday – Friday 8am – 4.30pm.
About the role
At GTG, Technical Trainers are responsible for delivering consistently excellent automotive training for apprentices and commercial delegates.
The ideal candidate should have extensive knowledge and proven experience within the bus and coach/HGV sector as a technician or trainer – as well as a genuine commitment to making a difference to our learner’s lives and helping them succeed in their careers.
- Delivering specialised technical training as needed, in line with curriculum and awarding body requirements.
- Monitoring the progress of learners throughout their course, completing administrative duties as necessary.
- Helping with and developing resources for the automotive department.
- Taking part in and contributing to training and development as instructed by management.
- Making sure that training sessions include functional skills, equality and diversity and employability skills.
- Liaising with colleagues and assessing the team to make sure that all learners are on track to achieve.
- Previous experience in a technical or technical training role within the bus and coach/HGV sector.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- A positive, common sense approach to tasks and activities.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Proven practical ability.
- Good comprehension skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a busy team.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- A teacher training qualification.
- Knowledge of the assessment process.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including free private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.