We’re recruiting for an encouraging and supportive Bus and Coach Technical Trainer to work in our GTG Wolverhampton training centre.
Full time, Monday – Friday, 8am – 4.30pm.
About the role
As a Bus and Coach Technical Trainer, you’ll be responsible for delivering high quality automotive training to apprentices and commercial delegates. You’ll already have gained experience and acquired extensive knowledge in the Bus and Coach or HGV sector, as a technician or similar. You’ll also have extensive, proven professional experience as a Bus and Coach Tutor.
You’ll be passionate about making a difference to learners’ lives, and the enthusiasm to succeed. You’ll possess great interpersonal skills, as well as being organised and confident. You’ll also be great at working on your own initiative, and equally, you’ll operate well in a team environment.
- Delivering technical training as required in line with curriculum and awarding body requirements.
- Completing administrative duties and monitor learners' progress throughout their learning journey.
- Assisting with, and developing, resources for the automotive department.
- Participating in and contributing to your own and employee training and development, as required by management.
- Ensuring inclusion of functional skills, equality and diversity, promoting good values and employability skills within training sessions.
- Liaising with colleagues and the assessing team to remain focused on learner success and achievement.
- Professional teaching qualifications in relevant automotive field to at least Level 3.
- A good understanding of apprenticeships, and apprenticeship standards.
- Knowledge of using Microsoft applications, in particular PowerPoint, is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working in an automotive environment.
- Excellent communication skills (face-to-face, written and on the phone).
- Strong practical skills.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- A teacher training qualification.
- Knowledge of the workplace assessment process.
In return for your skills, you’ll be fully supported with all the tools you need to do your best work. You’ll also enjoy some of the best employee benefits in the industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and staff discounts on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.