We’re looking for an enthusiastic and supportive Bus and Coach Technical Trainer to work in our GTG Wolverhampton training centre.
Full time: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4.30pm.
About the role
As a Bus and Coach Technical Trainer you’ll be responsible for delivering high-quality automotive training to apprentices and commercial delegates. You’ll already have gained experience and acquired extensive knowledge in the Bus and Coach or HGV sector, as a technician or similar. This role will give you the opportunity to train and impart your skills and experience by developing technicians of the future in this demanding and exciting industry.
You’ll be passionate about making a difference to learners’ lives, and have the enthusiasm to succeed. You’ll possess great interpersonal skills, as well as being organised and confident. You’ll also be great at working on your own initiative and in a team environment.
- Delivering technical training as required in line with curriculum and awarding body requirements.
- Completing administrative duties and monitor and support learners' progress throughout their learning journey.
- Assisting with and developing resources for the automotive department.
- Ensuring inclusion of equality and diversity, promoting good values and employability skills within training sessions.
- Liaising with colleagues and the assessing team to remain focused on learner success and achievement.
- You’ll have five years extensive, proven professional experience as a Bus and Coach or HGV Technician.
- Knowledge of using Microsoft applications, in particular PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working in an automotive environment.
- Excellent communication skills (face-to-face, written and on the phone).
- Strong practical skills.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Some experience in training within an Automotive environment.
- A teacher training qualification.
- Knowledge of the workplace assessment process.
In return for your skills, you’ll be fully supported and developed to become an integral part of our delivery training team within our automotive department, giving you all the tools you need to get the best results.
You’ll also enjoy some of the best employee benefits in the industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and staff discounts on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.