Due to continual growth we are looking for a qualified and enthusiastic Bus & Coach Assessor based in the South of England.
About the role
As an assessor for GTG Training, part of Arnold Clark’s training division, you will visit Level 3 apprentices at their place of work to carry out reviews and assessments.
The successful candidate will have a high level of occupational competency and hold an industry-recognised qualification in Automotive Maintenance and Repair.
You will also be a skilled communicator, able to nurture and support apprentices and inspire them to achieve successful careers in the automotive industry.
- Carrying out competency-based reviews and assessments and coaching meetings at apprentices’ workplaces, ensuring progression of their Level 3 qualification.
- Measuring student progress against industry and awarding body standards.
- Providing supported learning and guidance to apprentices and their employers, where required.
- Travelling to various workplaces across the South of England.
- Assisting apprentices in building an evidence portfolio from their workplace tasks.
- Completing funding documentation documentation within the set timescales.
- Completing awarding body targets within set timeframes.
- An industry-recognised qualification in Automotive Maintenance and Repair Level 3 Light/Heavy Vehicle or equivalent.
- Substantial occupational competency in Bus and Coach Mechanics / Electrics or Heavy Goods Vehicles.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to engage honestly and effectively with young adults.
- Ability to work independently and achieve deadlines.
- A high level of accuracy and ability to multi-task.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A driving licence held for a minimum of one year is essential.
Previous assessing and training experience would be advantageous, but not essential, as training will be given.
In return, you will receive access to a company car scheme, mobile phone and laptop, and benefit from one of the best employee packages in the industry, including extensive training, private healthcare and life assurance.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.