We are recruiting for an efficient and polite Breakdown Controller to work in our vehicle management department in Hillington, Glasgow.
Full time (3-week rotating shift pattern including Monday – Friday night shifts and weekends)
Week 1 Monday 19.00hrs to 07.00hrs 12 hours
Thursday 19.00hrs to 07.00hrs 12hrs
Saturday 18.00hrs to 08.00 hrs 14 hrs 38 hours week 1
Week 2 Tuesday 19.00hrs to 07.00hrs 12hrs
Friday 19.00hrs to 08.00hrs 13hrs
Sunday 08.00hrs to 18.00hrs 10hrs 35 hours week 2
Week 3 Wednesday 19.00hrs to 07.00hrs 12hrs
Saturday 08.00hrs to 18.00hrs 10hrs
Sunday 18.00hrs to 07.00hrs 13 hrs 35 hours week 3
About the role
Arnold Clark’s vehicle management department offers a 24-hour breakdown service. As a quick-thinking Breakdown Controller, you’ll be the first point of contact for business fleet drivers in need of help, providing reassurance and speedy, efficient solutions to problems. For this role, an excellent telephone manner and the ability to be resourceful are essential.
- Answering telephone enquiries quickly and politely.
- Accurately inputting the relevant information into our internal systems.
- Dealing with and reporting customer concerns and issues relating to the vehicle.
- Authorising and checking repairs.
- Keeping the customer updated with any developments.
- Keeping up to date with current practices and application techniques.
- Fantastic telephone manner and strong communication skills.
- Previous experience in a customer service environment.
- Ability to improvise and use common sense to find appropriate solutions.
- High standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexibility, as some out of hours work will be required.
- High levels of efficiency and ability to think quickly.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Previous experience in the automotive industry.
- Knowledge of Autocare fleet management software would be an advantage, but training will be given.
The successful candidate will benefit from one of the best employee benefit packages in the automotive industry, including free private healthcare, generous discounts on new and used cars, and life assurance.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.