We’re recruiting for an experienced and efficient Branch Accountant for Arnold Clark in Inverness.
Full time, Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm (37.5 hours)
About the role
Arnold Clark Branch Accountants are responsible for the smooth financial running of our branches.
The ideal candidate should have previous experience in an accounting role and have a keen eye for detail, accuracy and procedure, as well as the ability to manage a small team.
- Overall management of the branch accounts department, including staff training and development.
- Producing monthly management accounts.
- Manufacturer, branch and head office reporting within set timescales.
- Quarterly VAT returns.
- Controlling and overseeing the branch balance sheet and cashflow.
- Carrying out profit and loss reviews.
- Ensuring all accounts adhere to company procedures.
- Previous experience in a similar accounting environment.
- Fantastic communication and influencing skills.
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work with a variety of staff across the company.
- Strong computer literacy, with good Excel skills.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage your own workload.
- A proactive, efficient approach.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Previous experience in the automotive industry.
- Experience of the Kerridge system.
In return, you’ll receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and preferential rates on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.