We’re currently recruiting for an experienced Bodyshop Crash Repair Mechanic/Stripper to be based at Northwich Vauxhall.
Full time, Monday – Thursday, 8am – 5.30pm, Friday 8am – 4.30pm, Saturdays 8am – 12pm, depending on workload.
About the role
As an Arnold Clark Bodyshop Crash Repair Mechanic/Stripper, you will carry out repairs on a large variety of vehicles that have been involved in accidents, including bodywork and electrical repairs and wheel alignment.
The ideal candidate must have been trained to senior ATA MET (BSI 10125) standards and be able to work well independently and as part of a team. Strong communication skills are also essential, as you will be dealing with customers.
- Carrying out accident related mechanical repairs.
- Stripping and fitting new parts.
- Completing electric repairs and fixing air conditioning systems.
- Carrying out wheel alignment.
- Talking to customers and dealing with their concerns.
- Road testing vehicles.
- Running diagnostic reports.
- Completing all documentation to the required standard.
- Managing your own workload and assisting as part of a wider team.
- Senior ATA qualifications are essential.
- Previous qualification in wheel alignment.
- Qualification in air conditioning.
- High levels of efficiency and organisation.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- A full, clean driving licence held for a minimum of one year.
- The ability to consistently produce work to high standards.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- In-house training in some of the above areas may be available for the right candidate.
In return for your technical skills and experience, you’ll receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including free private healthcare, life assurance and preferential rates on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.