We’re currently recruiting for an experienced Automotive Technical Trainer in Body Repair, to be based at our GTG Training Centre in Glasgow.
Based in South Street, Glasgow, with some travel required to other centres in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and the West Midlands.
About the role
As a Body Repair Technical Trainer, you’ll be responsible for training Bodyshop apprentices and delivering commercial training courses. As well as sharing knowledge and best practice about the repair of accident-damaged vehicles, you will support apprentices to work effectively as a team, complying with health and safety regulations and company policy.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience and hold an industry recognised Level 3 qualification in Vehicle Body Repair. You should have excellent communication and influencing skills and be able to inspire apprentices to succeed in the automotive industry.
- Carrying out apprenticeship training to high standards and in a safe manner, subject to health and safety, COSHH and other mandatory regulations.
- Using appropriate training methods and using training aids.
- Assisting the team leader and automotive manager to maintain good levels of discipline and safety within the workshop.
- Controlling the compiling of VQs for trainees and completing awarding body documentation.
- Assessing trainees to standards set by awarding bodies to allow learners to progress towards vocational qualifications and modern apprenticeships.
- Assisting the development of training and assessment processes.
- Keeping up to date with current industry methods and technological developments to ensure training is relevant.
- Providing welfare support for apprentices and employers when required.
- Level 3 qualification in Automotive Body Repair or equivalent.
- A proven track record in modern repair techniques and technology within the industry.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inspire learners.
- High levels of organisation and attention to detail.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office packages, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A positive and enthusiastic approach.
- Ability to listen and support apprentices during their training.
- A full, clean driving licence held for a minimum of one year.
- Flexibility, as travel to other UK training centres to carry out training may be required.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Assessing or training skills.
- ATA Senior Panel Technician qualification.
- Welding abilities or AOM-009 qualification.
- Paint refinishing experience.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including free healthcare, pension, life assurance and generous staff discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.