We’re recruiting for a skilled Body and Paint Technical Trainer to work at our GTG Training Centre in Wolverhampton.
Full time, Monday – Friday, 8am – 4.30pm
About the role
GTG’s technical trainers are responsible for delivering excellent standards of automotive training to apprentices and commercial delegates.
As a Paint and Body Technical Trainer, you should have extensive knowledge as a technician and proven professional experience as a tutor in the Paint and Body sector.
The ideal candidate should also have a passion for making a difference to learners' lives and be full of enthusiasm to help them succeed, as well as being able to demonstrate high levels of organisation and brilliant communication skills.
- Deliver high quality technical training in line with curriculum and awarding body requirements.
- Complete administrative duties and monitor learners' progress throughout their learning journey.
- Assist with and develop resources for the automotive department.
- Participate in and contribute to your own training and development and that of staff as required by management.
- Make sure you include functional skills, equality and diversity, British values and employability skills within your training sessions.
- Liaise with colleagues and the assessing team to remain focused on learner progress, achievement and progression.
- Professional qualifications in a relevant automotive field to at least Level 3.
- Minimum Level 3 teaching qualification.
- A good understanding of apprenticeships.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular PowerPoint.
- Good understanding of apprenticeship standards.
- Experience of working in an automotive environment.
- Excellent communication skills (face-to-face, written, telephone).
- Excellent practical skills.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Knowledge of the workplace assessment process would be beneficial.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive excellent working conditions and one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including free private healthcare, life assurance and generous retail discounts.