We are looking for an experienced Automotive Assessor to support our GTG branches and provide professional reviews and assessments of our trainees.
- 33 days’ annual leave
- Generous employee discounts
- Private healthcare
- Workplace pension
- Company car
- Work laptop and phone
- …and much more
This is a full-time role: Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 16.30.
About the role
You will be required to visit trainees at their workplace to carry out reviews and assessments, as well as support students and employers with the aim of improving retention and completion rates.
Applicants must hold an industry recognised qualification in Motor Vehicle Body Repair or Paint Refinishing Level 3 or equivalent. Someone who is flexible, works well on their own and in a team, has a passion for motor vehicle technology, and has good communication skills.
- Set a good example by acting in a professional manner at all times and by adopting a neat outward appearance and organised workplace.
- Carry out all assessment/training and education in a safe manner, subject to Health & Safety, COSHH and other mandatory regulations.
- Use appropriate training and assessment methods at all times.
- Ensure that all training and assessment is carried out according to the laid down programme and timetable.
- Control the compiling of trainees’ VQ evidence portfolios, including completion of awarding body documentation.
- Ensure that all procedures are carried out in accordance with all GTG policy standards.
- Assist the department manager in the development of VQ training and assessment processes to meet the awarding body and Sector Skills Council standards.
- Assess trainees, either in the company or in the training centre, to standards set by awarding bodies and Sector Skills Council as required for progress towards VQ and Modern Apprenticeship qualifications.
- Complete trainee quarterly reviews and SDS documentation as required.
- Ensure that all ‘milestone’ and ‘VQ achievement’ targets set by the department manager are met, where possible.
- Applicants must hold an industry recognised qualification in Motor Vehicle Body Repair or Paint Refinishing Level 3 or equivalent
- Strong communication and influencing skills at all levels
- A strong knowledge of using Microsoft Office
- Works well in a team and on their own
Nice to have but not essential…
- Training experience is not essential but would be advantageous
- Will work towards Assessor Qualification
- Eportfolio training
- Ongoing technical training
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.