We’re recruiting for an organised, diligent B2B copywriter to join Scotland’s largest in-house Marketing department at Hillington, Glasgow.
Full time, Monday–Friday 9am–5.30pm
Flexible working is available with this role.
About the role
As a B2B copywriter, you’ll liaise closely between the communications department, design team and marketing executives to produce copy for a wide variety of media, across a suite of internal business brands. When you’re not poring over your thesaurus to turn out the perfect phrase, you’ll be scrutinising longer-form text to ensure absolute grammatical accuracy and clarity.
You’ll have at least two years’ experience of writing for a variety of media, including advertising, digital and print. Being able to demonstrate adaptability and strong attention to detail is essential.
- Writing for a variety of business audiences, across a broad mix of media.
- Collating and presenting tender information to a high standard.
- Crafting informative content for various online newsroom channels.
- Brand development across national, multi-channel campaigns.
- Coming up with persuasive and purposeful ad copy and straplines.
- Proofreading, from the tiniest tweets to titanic technical manuals.
- Listening to requirements and interpreting briefs to tight timescales.
- Writing winning award entries for the Group.
- Developing brand tone of voice and style guidelines.
- Ensuring internal copy processes are followed to a tee.
- Research and information gathering. Additional duties as required.
- A sincere passion for the written word.
- Knowledge of SEO including keyword research and online copywriting.
- A desire to improve on every copy job, no matter how big or small.
- The ability to write excellent copy to brief and adapt your turn of phrase to suit the task at hand.
- An excellent grasp of grammar and a natural aversion to cliché.
- The organisational skills to balance tight deadlines and large volumes of copy.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, but with the flexibility to understand that rules are never absolute.
- Superb problem-solving skills and original ideas.
- Familiarity with using Content Management Systems and social media.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Some experience working in a B2B setting within the leasing industry or automotive brands.
This is your chance to shine, so please send a CV with links to published writing, or wow us with some attached examples of your work when you upload your application.
In return for your considerable talents, expect loads of rewarding perks and a fun, inclusive work environment, including Flexitime, lunch subsidy and staff shuttle bus service.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.