We’re recruiting for an experienced Automotive Trainer to join our team at GTG Wolverhampton.
What we can offer you:
- 33 days’ annual leave
- Extensive training opportunities
- Private healthcare
- Simplyhealth: all our employees have access to a GP 24/7 and can claim back on medical treatments
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Generous discounts on vehicle purchases, services, parts, rentals, insurance and more
About this role
As an Automotive Trainer, you will develop, guide, inspire and support learners through safe, effective, and engaging teaching. The role requires an individual that can deliver a combination of practical, remote, and classroom-based learning sessions.
You must have the ability to provide a high-quality service to learners so that they can apply the knowledge effectively in the workplace. You will support learners to be competent and confident employees who understand how to progress in their career.
- Deliver training and assessment as sequenced within the automotive curriculum (level 3).
- Provide in-depth and relevant feedback to learners about progress made from structured learning outcomes and objectives achieved.
- Deliver commercial training programmes across the automotive sector, supplying industry-relevant knowledge and support.
- Support the ongoing improvement of the curriculum, across the automotive disciplines.
- Adhere to and maintain organisational processes/documentation in regards to learner attendance, punctuality, testing, assignment, and assessment outcomes.
- Provide advice and guidance to learners on overall progress of knowledge and skills, behaviours, further learning, and career enhancement.
- Attend, interact and embed all standardised activities discussed at routine QTLA sessions.
- Prepare and participate in routine performance management reviews, maintaining a culture of high standard output.
- Prepare information around learner progress for discussion with development coaches, employers, and learners.
- Preform strong health and safety practice in terms of training resources, PPE, and wider personal responsibility.
- Adhere to the training schedule and plan resources.
- Manage the learners’ conduct, including effective confidential record-keeping within the systems provided.
- Liaise with safeguarding and welfare officers and the development coaches when necessary.
- Ensure technical knowledge is relevant and accurate through strong CPD practice.
- Understand and uphold GTG’s core values.
- Value diversity and promote equality internally and externally.
- Understand and promote safeguarding.
- Contribute to wider GTG events and activities to promote a positive culture and understand wider business needs.
- Adhere to GTG policies and procedures.
- Any other duties that are considered appropriate as part of this role or to support GTG and the learners as required.
Essential skills and requirements
- Relevant Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair vocational qualification at level 3
- Maths and English, equivalent to functional skills qualifications
- Minimum of three years’ continuous industry work experience
- Good standard of IT and administrative skills
- Display initiative and able to remain positive and enthusiastic
- Be flexible and responsive to employer needs
- Demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity, customer service and quality assurance
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Be a team player
- Ability to ensure a high level of professional behaviour
- Possess a high level of professional attitude
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to respect confidentiality
- Demonstrate a commitment to the process of continuous review and improvement
- Flexible approach to working times in line with GTG
Not essential, but good to have…
- Level 3 Assessor award
- Level 3 Teaching qualification
- Understanding of apprenticeship standards and end-point assessment
- Level 4 Teaching qualification
- Understanding of safeguarding in an FE setting (including Prevent)
- Basic understanding of providing education to young adults in an engineering setting
- A current driving licence
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about life at GTG, visit our website.
Employment with the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory references and disclosure checks.