We’re recruiting for an experienced and confident Automotive Technician and Learning Assistant to work at our Wolverhampton-based training centre.
Full time, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4.30pm, with a half-hour for lunch.
About the role
In this role, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the workshop environment, vehicles and equipment, as well as making sure that our health and safety processes are followed and risk assessments are in place. You’ll also work directly with learners from the age of 16, as well as adult learners, and may at times be unsupervised.
To be a good fit for the position, you’ll have excellent interpersonal skills and be confident and organised. You’ll be good at working on your own initiative, as well as part of a team.
- Repairing and maintaining vehicles to make sure they are fit for purpose, as well as setting up diagnostic faults for assessment.
- Carrying out and updating risk assessments including lift inspections, COSHH assessments and LEV checks.
- Setting up learning environments and assessment areas within multiple workshops on site.
- Being responsible for maintaining correct consumable stock and resource levels to ensure the smooth running of the workshop.
- Supporting training staff both in the workshop and classroom environments.
- Assisting with and developing resources for End Point Assessment.
- Developing resources for the automotive workshop.
- Experience of working in an automotive environment to diagnostic technician levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office and internet search engines.
- A common-sense approach when prioritising tasks and activities.
- A strong level of comprehension and excellent practical skills.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Knowledge of apprenticeship programmes within the automotive environment.
- Existing knowledge of teaching and training techniques.
You’ll be given all the training you need to do a great job, along with one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.