GTG Training is looking for an Automotive LVM Technical Trainer to join our team at Edinburgh.
Full time: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4.30pm. Overtime may occasionally be required.
About the role
As an Automotive Technical Trainer, you will be responsible for training apprentices to the highest standards at GTG’s sector-leading training centres as they work towards industry accredited qualifications.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in an automotive technical skill and be knowledgeable about the latest technology, including electrical diagnosis; previous training experience is not required. All applicants must hold a recognised qualification in Automotive Maintenance and Repair Level 3 Light/Heavy Vehicle or equivalent and be occupationally competent.
- Carrying out training and education in a safe manner, subject to health and safety, COSHH and other mandatory regulations.
- Using appropriate training and education methods at all times.
- Preparing and using training aids wherever appropriate.
- Assisting the team leader and automotive manager in maintaining discipline and ensuring all trainees comply with company policy.
- Controlling the compiling of trainees’ VQs, underpinning knowledge and completing documentation.
- Assessing trainees according to standards set by awarding bodies and the Sector Skills Council.
- Assisting the team leader in developing VQ training and assessment processes.
- Ensuring that all trainees receive training using current methods and keep up to date with technological developments.
- Providing welfare support and guidance to apprentices and employers.
- You must hold an industry recognised qualification in Automotive Maintenance and Repair Level 3 Light Vehicle or equivalent.
- A proven track record with electrical diagnosis and ability to use modern automotive technology.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Enthusiasm and commitment.
In return for your technical skills, you will receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous discounts on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.