We are looking for a qualified and enthusiastic Automotive Technical Assessor, based in Aberdeen.
Full time, Monday–Friday, 8am–4.30pm
About the role
As an assessor for GTG Training, Arnold Clark’s training division, you will visit Level 3 apprentices at their place of work to carry out reviews and assessments.
The successful candidate will have a high level of occupational competency and hold an industry-recognised qualification in Automotive Maintenance and Repair.
You will also be a skilled communicator, able to nurture and support apprentices and inspire them to achieve successful careers in the automotive industry.
- Carrying out competency-based reviews and assessments at apprentices’ workplaces, ensuring progression of their Level 3 qualification.
- Measuring student progress against industry and awarding body standards.
- Providing supported learning and guidance to apprentices and their employers, where required.
- Travelling to various workplaces across the Aberdeen area
- Assisting apprentices in building an evidence portfolio from their workplace tasks.
- Completing Skills Development Scotland (SDS) documentation within the set timescales.
- Completing awarding body targets within set timeframes.
- An industry-recognised qualification in Automotive Maintenance and Repair Level 3 Light/Heavy Vehicle or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to engage honestly and effectively with young adults.
- Ability to work independently and achieve deadlines.
- A high level of accuracy and ability to multi-task.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A full UK driving licence.
Previous assessing and training experience would be advantageous, but not essential, as training will be given.
In return, you will receive access to a company car scheme, mobile phone and laptop, and benefit from one of the best employee packages in the industry, including extensive training, private healthcare and life assurance.