Automotive Mechanical Instructor
Role location: GTG West Midlands
Salary band: Competitive.
Established in 1971, and purchased by the Arnold Clark Group in 2003, GTG Training is proud to deliver top quality training and education in areas such as business, computer and IT, health and safety, transport and automotive technical.
With locations in Glasgow, Edinburgh and the West Midlands, GTG provides training services to many of the UK’s largest companies, including Arnold Clark Automobiles Ltd, major banks, public utilities, emergency services, the NHS, the MOD and many local authorities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to pass on your skills and inspire the next generation. Working in a vibrant learning environment you will be responsible for teaching Automotive Studies up to Level 3.
We are especially keen to hear from experienced tutors or people working in the automotive industry who are looking for a career change.
• To make a significant contribution to the effective delivery of the curriculum in line with GTG’s Quality Improvement Strategy.
• To ensure a high quality and relevant learning experience for all students on the course/s.
• To coordinate the setting, monitoring and reporting of student performance.
• To provide effective coordination of the course/s, ensuring that appropriate GTG policies and procedures are followed.
• To contribute to the administrative work of the team.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge:
• NVQ Level 3 relevant occupational qualification or equivalent – Motor Vehicle Craft Studies Level 1–3
• Ability to demonstrate experience of relevant occupational sector
• Time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Ability to motivate and support learners
You will have gained, or be willing to work towards:
• Functional Skills Level 2 Maths, English and ICT
• Relevant teaching qualification
The successful candidate will benefit from excellent working conditions, extensive training, life assurance and private health care, making our package one of the best in the industry.
EMPLOYMENT WITHIN THE ARNOLD CLARK GROUP IS OFFERED SUBJECT TO SATISFACTORY REFERENCE AND DISCLOSURE CHECK.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.