We’re looking to recruit a new Auctioneer to work at Central Car Auctions in Baillieston, Glasgow.
We can offer you:
- 33 days’ annual leave with room to grow
- Company car
- Flexible leave
- Generous employee discounts
- Private healthcare
- Workplace pension
- …and much more
Full time or Part Time shift pattern available, role is based on site in Baillieston.
About the role
As a Vehicle Auctioneer, you will keep up to date with current market conditions to maximise the price achieved for our vehicles. You will be involved in preparing all vehicle documentation, organising all aspects of the sale, and leading the auction by using the roster of staff to make the most out of the time available.
As a Vehicle Auctioneer, you will work with a diverse team of CCA employees throughout the auction journey. You will engage with all departments on a daily basis. The role would be a great fit for someone who enjoys a varied workload in a fast-paced environment. You will have the ability to communicate at all levels and be extremely well-organised.
- Providing an opening statement that welcomes bidders and introduces the auctioneer or company conducting the auction.
- Presenting each lot to potential buyers by providing information about the vehicle's condition, mileage, service history, optional extras etc.
- Selling items on behalf of clients by calling out bids to determine price increments and signalling when to bid higher or when the bidding has ended.
- Calling for bids on specific vehicles at auction online, specifically those which use live bidding via internet platforms.
- Ensure as many of the day's sale items are sold at the best price possible.
- Reviewing bids with the client to ensure that they are within the range of the reserve price or otherwise acceptable.
- Closing out sales from the buyer or seller and recording the transaction details in an official record.
- Previous auctioneering experience along with a high level of accuracy and the ability to multi-task during peak auction periods
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Strong numerical skills are essential to determine the value of vehicles and the amount of money they can accept for them
- Good leadership skills to assign tasks, delegate responsibilities and motivate teams to work together to achieve their goals
- Good leadership skills to ensure teams are following auction protocol and regulations
- Ability to adapt by developing new strategies and utilising new technology within online auctions
- Use online bidding platforms to reach a wider audience and using computer systems to manage bids and track prices
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and have a clear, loud voice
Nice to have but not essential
- Excellent working knowledge of Kingfisher is required for the role, but training may be available for the right candidate
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.