We’re looking to recruit an enthusiastic and driven Associate Product Owner to work within our market-leading Digital Product Development department. This is an entry-level position for individuals wishing to kickstart their Product Management career in one of the largest in-house development teams in the country.
What we offer
- Full-time remote working with the option to come into the office whenever you want
- Access to an annual conference and training budget
- Very competitive salary
- 33 days’ holiday which increases to 40 the longer you’re with us
- A choice of Mac or Windows laptop and everything you need to work remotely
- The opportunity to work with great people and solve real problems
- Half-price PureGym membership
- You’re covered from your very first day with us with life assurance and AXA healthcare
- Free online fitness classes with our dedicated health and wellbeing partner
- Access to amazing retail discounts and offers with our discount partner Take Time, including Virgin Media, Vodafone, Dell, Costco and many more.
- An interest-free loan scheme for employees
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
This is a full-time position: flexi-time available - 37.5 hours per week.
About the role
Do you want to play a key role in disrupting one of the biggest industries in the UK?
Would you like to work in a fast-moving, autonomous and agile product team? Want to help shape the future digital journey of millions of customers?
The automotive industry is on the cusp of a fundamental change, driven by rapidly adapting technologies and evolving customer expectations. You can help influence that change as a Product Owner for Arnold Clark.
You’ll be involved in building exciting, high-profile digital products while working in a talented cross-functional team.
You’ll work on the development of digital products, collaborate on innovative ways to improve our customer experience and drive car retailing into the future.
No previous experience is necessary, we are looking for digital expertise and individuals who have a desire to learn quickly and a general determination to be successful.
- As Associate Product Owner, you will be given the training, mentorship and personal development time required to create amazing digital solutions.
- Engage with developers, UX designers, users and stakeholders to solve real customer problems.
- Translate customer problems and business priorities into actionable user stories for designers and software engineers.
- Establish the best solutions and understand customer needs by conducting user tests and running experiments.
- Prioritise development backlogs and act as the backbone of our iterative product development cycle.
- Plan and run Agile ceremonies and meetings such as stakeholder briefings, daily scrums, sprint reviews and team retrospectives.
- A natural interest and enthusiasm for everything digital, from UX to mobile and everything in between.
- A desire to learn and a curious mindset
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to communicate with people from all levels of the business.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, leadership skills and the ability to work under your own initiative and as part of a team.
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.