We’re recruiting for an Assistant Team Leader to join our Customer Services team at our Glasgow-based Aftersales Contact Centre.
Why choose us?
- Realistic £29,000 OTE
- No late nights or unsociable hours
- 33 days’ annual leave with room to grow
- Generous retail discounts
- Maternity and paternity packages
- Opportunities to continue training and progression
- Private healthcare and sick pay cover
- Life assurance
- Hybrid working once fully trained: 3 days in the office with your team, 2 days at home
- Clearly defined targets – and there aren’t many!
Full time: Monday – Friday 8am – 5.30pm and every third Saturday 9am – 1pm.
151 Kilbirnie Street, Glasgow, G5 8JH. Plenty of free onsite parking available!
About the role
Experience a contact centre with a difference. We’re looking for an Assistant Team Leader who can turn a complaint into a compliment and help develop colleagues’ skills.
Dealing primarily with customers who have experienced a mechanical issue with their new car, you’ll take care of getting the vehicle repaired in the most efficient and convenient manner possible. You’ll be the customer’s point of contact throughout their journey, providing regular updates and checking up after their repairs that everything has gone to plan.
When you aren’t talking to customers, you’ll be providing coaching to colleagues and handling any escalations that arise.
- Talking to customers on the phone who have called to report an issue with their new vehicle.
- Taking ownership and control of the situation by finding the most customer-centric solution possible to get their vehicle fixed and back to them.
- Thinking outside the box to tailor solutions to customers.
- Monitoring the progress of the booking from start to end. You’ll be making sure our branches take care of the customer and lease with all branches involved in the sale and repairs.
- Keeping the customer updated regularly and handling any objections they might raise.
- Handling customer enquiries by phone, WhatsApp and web.
- Maintaining records of conversations and actions and sharing these with colleagues.
- Carrying out follow-up calls to ensure customers are happy with the repairs carried out and that no further work is required.
- Tracking your team’s performance and coaching them to achieve the best results possible.
- Working with the group training teams to develop processes and improve the customer experience.
- You’ll be able to look after our customers at the same time as you look after our business.
- You’ll be experienced in customer service, and ready to progress to the next level in your career.
- You’ll enjoy helping your colleagues and be able to identify improvements required.
- You’ll be a great motivator and capable of providing structured, constructive feedback.
- Committed to learning our systems and processes, although we make them as straight forward as possible.
- Confidence in handling challenging situations – some of the customers you speak to may not have had the best experience before speaking to you, and we need you to leave a positive lasting impression.
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.