We are recruiting for an experienced Assistant Service Manager to work in our busy transport hub in Newhouse, North Lanarkshire.
Full time, Monday – Friday, 8am – 5.30pm and rotational Saturdays, 8am - 12pm.
About the role
As an Assistant Commercial Care Manager at Arnold Clark, you will assist in the daily running of our busy commercial care department, offering outstanding customer service and liaising with the workshop to ensure everything runs smoothly.
This is a varied, multi-tasking role which requires excellent communication and problem-solving skills. You should also be able to demonstrate at least two years’ experience in a managerial or workshop control role.
- Dealing effectively with customers and keeping them updated on the progress of their vehicle, both in person and over the phone.
- Assisting the service manager with health and safety requirements.
- Managing front of house staff and workshop technicians, ensuring communication and cooperation.
- Managing flexitime rotas and keeping staff up to date.
- Ensuring all Service department administration processes are adhered to.
- Liaising with the manufacturer and warranty department.
- Running daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Knowledge of 6-week HGV inspections essential as well as repair and maintenance of all aspects of HGV.
- HGV Licence
- Fantastic communication and influencing skills.
- A motivated and positive approach.
- Strong computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel).
- Attention to detail and high levels of organisation.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Manufacturer training qualifications would be an advantage.
In return for your skills, you will benefit from excellent working conditions and one of the best employee benefit packages in the industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous discounts on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.