We’re recruiting for an organised and flexible Assistant Parts Buyer, based in Glasgow but with regular travel and overnight stays as necessary.
Full time, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.30pm
About the role
As an Assistant Parts Buyer for Arnold Clark, you’ll be responsible for planning and selecting a range of products to sell in our trade retail outlets. This role involves frequent face-to-face meetings with our suppliers, building strong relationships and working independently.
The ideal candidate will be able to work on their own initiative, and be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills, excellent communication and influencing skills and the ability to successfully network with a wide range of people.
- Visiting suppliers in our trade outlets and maintaining daily contact.
- Liaising with senior management and salespeople.
- Inputting data and cross-referencing parts numbers.
- Placing orders via our computer system and checking supplier’s invoices.
- Carrying out stock control.
- Getting feedback from our sales team and acting upon it.
- Making sure our products are delivered on time.
- Excellent teamworking and interpersonal skills.
- Hold a qualification from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), or be working towards one.
- The ability to make decisions under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence people.
- Commercial awareness, drive and determination to succeed.
- High levels of organisation and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical skills.
- The ability to use Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) at an intermediate level.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive training at our GTG Training centre and one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including free private healthcare, life assurance and generous retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.