We’re recruiting for an enthusiastic and organised Assistant Facilities Manager based in Leeds, with extensive travel to branches in the surrounding area.
Full time, Monday–Friday 8.30am–5pm
Flexible working is available with this role, and due to the nature of the position, a flexible approach is required.
About the role
As an Assistant Facilities Manager, you’ll play a key part in the Facilities Management team, making sure that our estates meet the needs of our employees and customers and helping to manage all aspects of planned and reactive maintenance.
This exciting new role will be a great fit for someone who wants to take the next step in a facilities management career. You’ll be organised, flexible and able to successfully communicate and negotiate with managers and contractors on a daily basis.
- Assisting the management of all planned and reactive maintenance works at branches within your designated geographical area.
- Carrying out regular branch visits to inspect previous works, scope future projects and build strong relationships with branch managers.
- Assisting the facilities manager in carrying out regular contractor performance reviews and selecting contractors.
- Maintaining the Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) system in conjunction with estate management record keeping.
- Deputising for the facilities manager in their absence.
- Previous experience in a facilities or property management role.
- Experience of contractor management and building good working relationships with contractors.
- Full UK driving licence held for a minimum of one year.
- Awareness of current asbestos, water management and electrical safety guidelines.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Capable of adopting a hands-on, flexible and practical approach to the job.
- Experience of using CAFM software.
- A professional and presentable manner.
- A flexible schedule as travel is an essential part of this role.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- IOSH qualification.
- Working towards BIFM membership.
- Asbestos awareness training.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive access to a company car, mobile phone and laptop, and one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.