We are recruiting for an experienced Assistant Bodyshop Manager to work in our Scotswood Rd Bodyshop
Full time, Monday – Friday, 8am – 5.30pm and alternate Saturdays
About the role
As an Assistant Bodyshop Manager at Arnold Clark, you will assist in the daily running of our busy bodyshop department, offering outstanding customer service and liaising with the workshop to ensure everything runs smoothly.
This is a varied, multi-tasking role which requires excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Dealing effectively with customers and keeping them updated on the progress of their vehicle, both in person and over the phone.
- Ensuring all bodyshop staff training assessments are completed in a timely manner.
- Assisting the bodyshop manager with health and safety requirements.
- Managing front of house staff and workshop staff, ensuring communication and cooperation.
- Managing flexitime rotas and keeping staff up to date.
- Ensuring all bodyshop department administration processes are adhered to.
- Liaising with the manufacturer and warranty department.
- Running daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Ensuring upselling is accurately processed.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a managerial role or bodyshop environment.
- Fantastic communication and influencing skills.
- A motivated and positive approach.
- Strong computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel).
- Attention to detail and high levels of organisation.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Bodyshop background and knowledge of manufacturer processes.
- Manufacturer training qualifications would be an advantage.
In return for your skills, you'll receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including life assurance, training, private health care, sick pay cover, maternity & paternity packages, enhanced holiday package and generous discounts on new and used cars.
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.