We’re looking for an efficient and experienced Assistant Accountant for our branch in Warrington.
Full-time, Monday–Friday, 8.30am–5pm
About the role
As an Assistant Accountant at Arnold Clark, you’ll be working in a busy, fast moving accounts department, responsible for the supervision of daily processing functions, such as cash, bank, purchase ledger and sales ledger.
Reporting to the Branch Accountant, you will assist them with balance sheet reconciliations, VAT, accounts analysis and monthly management accounts preparation. Extensive experience of working within an accounts department is preferred, as well as strong organisational and communication skills and attention to detail.
- Supervision of cash and bank posting, purchase ledger and sales ledger functions.
- Monthly credit control meeting with department management.
- Balance sheet control and reconciliation.
- Weekly vehicle profit reviews.
- Monthly vehicle stock checks.
- Assisting with monthly management accounts preparation.
- Carrying out monthly VAT checks.
- Previous experience across the full range of daily accounts processes.
- Great communication skills.
- High levels of organisation and accuracy
- A polite telephone manner and good interpersonal skills.
- Good Excel skills.
- Ability to be proactive and motivated.
- Strong attention to detail.
- You must be a team player who works well meeting daily demands.
In return, you’ll receive an employee benefits package that is among the best in the industry, including private health care, life assurance and training.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Closing date: 19 April 2021