We’re looking for an efficient and experienced Assistant Accountant for our Arnold Buys your Car department based in Motherwell.
Full-time, Monday–Friday, 8.30am–5pm
About the role
As an Assistant Accountant at Arnold Clark, you’ll be working in a busy, fast moving accounts department, responsible for the supervision of daily processing functions, such as cash, bank, purchase ledger and sales ledger.
Reporting to the Branch Accountant, you will assist them with authorising bankline payments to customers and other day to day accounting functions. Extensive experience of working within an accounts department is preferred, as well as strong organisational and communication skills and attention to detail.
- Supervision of cash and bank posting, purchase ledger and sales ledger functions.
- Authorising bankline payments to customers.
- Authorising settlements on finance systems.
- Auction matching remittances and fees.
- Taking and posting negative equity payments from delivery centres and branches.
- Cashflow monitor.
- Overseeing daily duties of accounts assistant.
- Previous experience in a similar accounting environment.
- Great communication skills.
- High levels of attentional to detail and accuracy
- A polite telephone manner and good interpersonal skills.
- Good Excel skills.
- Ability to be proactive and motivated.
- You must be a team player who works well meeting daily demands.
In return, you’ll receive an employee benefits package that is among the best in the industry, including private health care, life assurance and training.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.