Automotive Assessor : Parts Apprenticeships
Role Location: Field based: Midlands, Northern, Southern
Salary Band: Competitive, Car + Fuel card
Since the formation of the company in 1971, and its purchase by the Arnold Clark Group in 2003, GTG Training has continued to provide top quality training and education in areas such as Business , Computer & IT , Health & Safety , Transport and Automotive Technical .
With locations in Glasgow , Edinburgh and the West Midlands , GTG provides training services to many of the UK’s largest companies, including Arnold Clark Automobiles Ltd, major banks, public utilities, emergency services, the NHS, the M.O.D. and many local authorities.
Purpose of Role
The role of the Apprentice Assessor/Parts guide and support the development and progression of our learners on apprenticeship programmes. To support the delivery of the required framework. To assess with regular visits to their workplace, to ensure continuous development, growth and achievement of learners allocated to their caseload.
We require field based assessors, with offices based in the North, South and Midlands.
• Deliver and facilitate assessment, skills being applied into the workplace
• Complete the required number of visits and reviews required for each apprentice
• Monitor and review learner issues on a regular basis, taking any necessary action to limit the number of early leavers from the programme
• Ensure knowledge of all subject areas including technical training are kept constantly updated by way of self-development (CPD)
• Work as part of the assessing team, give feedback and attend monthly standardisation meetings.
Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge:
• NVQ Level 3 Relevant Occupational Qualification or equivalent - Motor vehicle craft studies Level1 - 3
• Essential to be able to demonstrate experience of relevant occupational sector
• Assessment processes and evidence capture
• Knowledge of Government Funded training
• Time Management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Ability to work with the minimum of supervision as part of a remote team
• Ability to motivate and support learners
You will have gained or be willing to work towards:
• TAQA Level 3 Assessors Award or equivalent
• Functional Skills Level 2 Maths, English and ICT
GTG are willing to train and develop applicants currently working in industry.