Due to growth in team, we’re looking to recruit an additional Area Health & Safety Advisor to oversee the implementation of our safety management system.
You will be based in the North East area with travel required throughout Scotland and England.
Full time: Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm (Emergencies as required)
About the role
As an Area Health & Safety Advisor for Arnold Clark, you’ll be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the Group’s safety management system across our branch network. You will also offer proactive advice and help to branches and divisions across the business.
The ideal candidate must have a genuine passion for promoting a positive safety culture, hold a recognised health and safety qualification and have excellent interpersonal skills. You will also have the flexibility to travel across different branches in the area.
- Travelling to branches to carry out: inspections; health and safety audits; risk, COSHH, PUWER, HAV, pregnancy and DSE assessments; and accident, incident and near-miss investigations.
- Liaising with employees throughout the business to provide advice and support.
- Liaising with the relevant enforcing authorities (i.e., HSE).
- Working to improve and maintain the safety management system.
- You must hold either a NEBOSH diploma, a NEBOSH GC with three years’ experience in a dedicated health and safety role, or hold a relevant degree and be a Grad IOSH member.
- Ability to assist sites create structured action plans and see through to completion.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- A high level of accuracy and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work well with others and make decisions under pressure.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Good up-to-date knowledge of health and safety legislation.
Nice to have but not essential…
- Previous experience in the motor industry.
- BOHS asbestos training 402, 404 or 405.
- Knowledge of construction health and safety.
- Experience of a BOHS-recognised training course.
- Training experience.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including a company car, training opportunities, private healthcare, generous staff retail discounts, access to our health and wellbeing hub ‘Space’ and more.
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.