We’re recruiting for an Area Fire Safety Support Advisor to work across England, with overnight stays as part of the role.
About the role
As an Area Fire Safety Support Advisor, you’ll be responsible for co-ordinating fire safety standards across our branches, and making sure all branches in your area are managing and maintaining our Group Fire Safety Management system and legal requirements.
This role would be a great fit for ex-fire service personnel with experience in enforcement.
- Liaising with employees at all levels to advise and assist with Fire Safety standards, offering support and guidance.
- Conducting fire risk assessments.
- Liaising with building control and enforcing authorities.
- Attending pre-start meetings (new-builds or refurbs).
- Reviewing plans and fire strategy drawings.
- Conducting post-incident investigations.
- Acting as a point of contact for enforcing authorities, architects and building control.
- Attending department monthly meetings and dedicated fire safety meetings.
- Fire Safety Levels 3 and 4 (Auditors / Enforcers). (These were previously A, B, C, D modules.)
- Fire Risk Assessment training (e.g. CS Todd or similar).
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
In return, you’ll receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including free private healthcare, life assurance, sick pay cover, maternity & paternity packages, enhanced holiday package and extensive training, as well as generous retail discounts.
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.